H.C. 565, C.M (FE 133)
"Oh Lord our Lord how excellent is
thy name on eath" - Ps.8:1
1. OH! for a thousand tongue to sing
My dear redeemer's Praise
The glories of my God and King
The triumphs of His grace.
2. Jesus the name that charms our fears
That bids our sorrows cease
‘Tis music in the sinners ears
‘T'is life and health, and peace.
3. He breaks the power of cancelled sin
And sels the prisoner free
His blood can make the foulest clean
His blood availeth me.
4. He speaks and listening to His voice
New life the dead receive
The mournful broken hearts rejoice
The humble poor believe.
5. Hear Him ye dead, His praise ye dumb
Your loosened tongues employ
Ye blind behold your Saviour come
And leap ye lame for joy.
6. My gracious Master and my God
Assist me to proclaim
And spread through all the earth abroad
The honours of His Name. Amen