“Except the Lord keepeth the City the
watch man waketh but in vain" - Ps 127:1
1. ABIDE with me fast falls the even tide
The darkness deepens; Lord, with me abide,
When other helpers fail and comforts flee
Help of the helpless, oh, abide with me.
2. Swift to its close ebbs out life’s little day
Earth’s joys grow dim its glory pass away;
Change and decay in all around I see;
O Thou, who changest not, abide with me.
3. Come not in terrors, as the King of Kings;
But kind and good, with healing in Thy wings;
Tears for all woes, a heart for every plea;
Come, Friend of sinners thus abide with me.
4. I need Thy presence ever passing hour;
What but Thy grace can foil the tempter's
Who like thyself my guide and stay can be?
Through cloud and sunshine, Oh, abide with me.
5. I fear no foe, with Thee at hand to bless:
Ills have no weight and tears no bitterness:
Where is death's sting? Where, grave thy
l triumph still, if Thou abide with me.
6. Hold Thou thy cross before my closing eyes
Shine through the gloom, and point me to die skies;
Heaven’s morning breaks and earth's Vin shadow flee:
In life, in death, O Lord abide with me. Amen