CMS. 141 7.7.7 (FE 257)
"And let them my say, spare thy people O
Lord, and give not thine heritage
to reproach" - Joel 2:17
1. LORD, in this Thy mercy‘s day
Ere the time shall pass an away
On our Kneels we fall and pray.
2. Holy Jesus grant us tears
Fill us with heart-searching fears
Ere the hour of doom appears.
3. Lord, on us Thy Spirit pour
Kneeling lowly at Thy door
Ete it close for evermore.
4. By Thy night of agony
By Thy supplicating cry
By Thy willingness to die.
5. By Thy tears bitter woe
For Jerusalem below
Let us not Thy love forego.
6. Judge and Saviour of our race
When we see Thee face to face
Grant us near Thy wings a place.
7. On Thy love we test alone
And that love will then be known
By the pardon round Thy throne. Amen