H.C 144. 7s (FE 310)
“Out of the depths have I cried unto
Thee O Lord” - Ps 130:1
1. THOU who dist on Calvary bleed,
Thou who dost for sinners plead,
Help me in my time of need,
Jesus, hear my cry.
2. In my darkness and my grief,
With my heart of unbelief,
I, who am of sinners chief,
Lift to Thee mine eye.
3. Foes without and fears within
with no plea
Thy grace to win,
But that Thou canst save from sin,
To Thy cross I fly.
4. Brethren, long in fetters bound,
There deliverance sought and found,
Heard the voice of mercy sound,
Surely so may I.
5. There an Thee I cast my care,
There to Thee l raise my prayer,
Jesus, save me from despair,
Save me, or I die.
6. When the storms of trial lower,
When I feel temptation‘s power
In the last and darkest hours,
Jesus, be Thou near. Amen