“Behold and see if there be any sorrow
like unto my sorrow" - Lam. 1:12
1. ALAS! and did my Saviour bleed?
And did my Sovereign die?
Wound He devote that sacred head
For such a worm as l!
2. Was if for crimes that had done
He groaned upon tree?
Amazing pity grace unknown
And love beyond degree.
3. Well might the sun in darkness hide
And Shut his glories in
When Christ, the migth maker died
For man, the creature‘s sin.
4. Thus mighty I hide my blushing face
Whilst His dear cross appears
Dissolve my heart in thankfulness
And melt mine eyes to tears.
5. But drops of grief can ne‘er repay
The debt of love l owe
Here, Lord, I give myself away
Tis all that i can do. Amen