C.M.S. 201 H.C. 483 C.M.
"Calvary there they crucified Him"
- Luke 23:33
1. THERE is a green hill far away,
Without a city wall
Where the dear Lord was crucified
Who died to save us all.
2. We may not know, we cannot tell
What pains he had to hear,
But we believe it was for us
He hung and suffer'd here.
3. He died that we might be forgiven
He died to make us good
That we might go at last to heaven
Save by His precious blood.
4. There was no other good enough
To pay the price of sin
He only could unlock the gate
Of heaven, and let us in.
5. Oh dearly, dearly has He loved,
And we must love Him too
And trust in His redeeming blood
And try his works to do. Amen