"I was glad when they said unto me
let us go into the house of the Lord”
- Ps. 122:1
1. How sweet The word of God to hear
From the mouth of our friends
That we should gather in Zion
To keep the holy day.
2. Its env‘rons and the gates I keep
The decorated house
The house that we built for our God
Which His mercy, to show.
3. The courtyard of the house of joy
Where holy tribes went forth
On the throne, the son of David
ls judging matters there.
4. He hears our praises and our cries
Like His tremendous voice
That separate sinners to his doom
In tremble we rejoice.
5. Let Thy blessing be in the place
And joy of often time
Let us give friends, and His goodness
To all that serves Him there.
6. My Soul‘s now pleading for Zion
While I am still alive
There all the relatives and friends
Our Saviour too is there. Amen