THE PASSION OF JESUS
C.M.S 213. H.C. 201 P.M. 10s
"They shall look on Him whom
they pierced." - John 19:37
1. THE Garden Wrestling in agony,
wrestling alone Weary for human
love and finding none.
2. While over Olive! sleeps the
moon‐light Whose is that broken
prayer troubling night?
3. What are those drops of blood
falling like rain
Wrung from that heart of Thine
Man of pain.
4. Anguish unspeakable writton Thy
brow Suppliant sufferer. who art Thou?
II THE WAY OF SORROW
1. HARK, in thy bosom‘s depths speaks
He to thee
Child of My dying love, follow Me"
2. Shall I not drink the cup My
Drink it, when drinking it thee will save.
3. Buffeted, spitted on loaded with scorns
Smitten, scourged, purple-robed
crown’d with thorns.
4. Onward to Golgotha, there I must die
All for the love of thee it is l.
III THE SEVEN WORDS UPON THE CROSS
1. NAILLED to the bitter wood: never a groan
Bearing our guilt and sun not His own.
2. Sun of my soul, canst Thou suffer eclipse?
What words are those fromThy quivering lips.
3. ‘Father forgive them the Crucified prays
And Him the Father hears, hears always.
4. Listen, the dying thief for mercy sighs
Calmly He promises Paradise.
5. Standing beside His cross kins folk
Mary, and Magdalene wait the end.
6. Two of them henceforth are mother
Broken hearts by His word bound as one.
7. Darkness wraps earth and sky night
at mid day
Moments like centuries pass away.
8. Hark through the gloom is heard one
‘Thou hast forsaken Me, Father, why?
9. On that abandonment! Oh death accursed!
What means that plaint of woe. that
10. Hark, “It is finish'd Thy warfare is done
Death and hell grappled with victory won.
11. Father receive My soul, "His latest breath
Jesus, the Lord of life,
sleeps in death. Amen
IV. THE APPEAL
1. CHILD of My agonies bought with My blood
Ransom‘d from Satan's thrail, saved for God.
2. ‘Come to Me, weary one, come to My breast
Here in My bleeding wounds hide and rest.
3. 'Come to My Father’s feet, come without fear
I am thy Advocate, always near.
4. Drink of the Spirit’s grace, all things are thine
l am thy heritage, thou art Mine. Amen