C.M.S. 217 H.C 203 18.104.22.168 (FE 341)
"I shall be satisfied, when I awoke,
with thy likeness" - Ps. 17:15
1. ON the resurrection morning
Soul and body meet again
No more sorrow, no more
weeping No more pain.
2. Here awhile they must be parted
And the flesh its Sabbath keep
Waiting in a holy stillness
warped in sleep.
3. For awhile the tired body
To its resting-place is borne
Till there dawns the last and
Brightest Easter morn.
4. But the soul in contemplation
Utters earnest prayer and strong
Breaking at the resurrection Into song.
5. Soul and body re-united
Thenceforth nothing shall divide
Walking up in Christ’s own
6. Oh the beauty, oh the gladness
Of that resurrection day
Which shall not through endless
ages Pass away!
7. Oh that happy Easter morning
All the graves their dead restore
Father, Mother, Child and brethren
Meet once more.
8. To the brightest of all meeting:
Bring us, Jesus Christ, at last
To thy cross, through death and
Judgment Holding fast. Amen