10.10.10.10 P.B 167 11s (FE 360)
1. WHAT are those Sabbath of joy
Angels in light and the glorified spend
Rest for the weary, for victors reward,
There God Himself all and adored?
2. Who is the Monarch? who circle His throne?
What is the calm restful bliss of His own?
Tell us, ye blessed ones worshipping there,
Tell us, if words can your rapture declare.
3. Oh true Jerusalem, city most bright
Whose perfect peace is eternal delight:
Longings in thee are fulfill‘d ere express’d
More than was long’d for embraced
4. Troubles all past, in the courts of our King
We without fear Zion‘s anthems shall sing,
Off’ring Thee, Lord, in Thy presence above
Love's pure responses for gifts of Thy love.
5. There never Sabbath to Sabbath gives place;
One is their Sabbath who gaze on Thy face
There never cease heaven‘s jubilee songs
Chanted by saints and by sweet angel tongues.
6. Meantime in heart and with faith
Seek we our Fatherland yonder and theirs;
While to Jerusalem bounden we roam
Exiles returning from Babylon home.
7. Now before Him we adoring fall
Of whom and through whom and in
whom are all;
Of whom the Father, and through whom
the Son In whom the Spirit of Both,
ever one. Amen