C.M.S. 37, H.C 222, L.M. (FE 55)
"Thou Lord has made me glad through
thy work" - Ps. 92:4
1. SWEET is the work, my God my King,
To praise Thy name, give Thanks, and Sing,
To show Thy love by morning light
An talk of all Thy truth at night.
2. Sweet is the day of sacred rest
No mortal cares shall seize my breast:
Oh may my heart in tune be found
Like David’s harp of solemn sound.
3. My heart shall triumph in my Lord
And bless His works, and bless His word
Thy works of grace, how bright they shine!
How deep Thy counsels, how divine.
4. And I shall share a glorious part
When grace hath well refined my heart;
And fresh supplies of joy are shed
Like holy oil, to cheer my head.
5. Then shall I see, and hear and know
All I desired or Wish‘d below
And every power find sweet employ
In that eternal world of joy. Amen