C.M.S 536 H.C 386 L.M (FE 448)
"I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever"
- Ps. 23:6
1. JESUS, where're thy people meet
There they behold thy mercy-seat,
Where'er they seek thee thou art found,
And every place is hallowed ground.
2. For thou, within no walls confined,
lnhabitest the humble mind
Such ever bring thee when they come
And, going, take Thee to their home.
3. Dear Shepherd of Thy chosen few
Thy former mercies here renew
Here to our waiting hearts proclaim
The sweetness of thy saving name.
4. Here may we prove the power of prayer
To strengthen faith and sweeten care,
To teach our faint desires to rise,
And bring all heaven before our eyes.
5. Lord we are few but Thou art near;
No short Thine arm, nor deaf Thine ear:
O rend the heavens, come quickly down,
And make a thousand hearts Thine own. Amen