H.C 2nd Ed. 279
t.H.C 579 10s. 11s (FE 468)
“Blessed are they that have not seen,
and yet have believe" - John 20:29
1. BE GONE unbelief, My Saviour is near
And for my relief will surely appear
By pray’r let me wrestle and He will perform
With Christ in the vessel I smile at the storm.
2. Though dark be my way since He is my Guide
‘Tis mine to obey ‘Tis His to provide
Though cisterns be broken and creatures all fail
The word He hath spoken shall surely prevail.
3. His love, in time past forbade me to think
He‘ll leave me at least in trouble to sink
Each sweet Ebenezer I have in review
Confirms His good pleasure to help me
4. Why should I complain of want or distress
Temptation or pain? He told me no less
The heirs of salvation I know from His Word
Through much tribulation must follow their Lord.
5. How bitter that cup no heart can conceive
Which He drank quite up, that sinners might live!
His way was much rougher and darker than mine
Did Christ, my Lord, suffer and shall l repine?
6. Since all that I meet shall work for my good
The bitter is sweet the medicine, food
Though painful at present T’will cease
And then‐oh, how pleasant The conqueror’s