H.C 315 C.M (FE 539) 8686
1. JESUS, the very thought of Thee
With sweetness fills the breast
But sweeter far Thy face to see
And in Thy presence rest.
2. Tongue never spake, ear never heard
Never from heart o’erflow'd
A dearer name, a sweeter word
Than Jesus, Son of God.
3. O hope of every contrite heart
To penitents how kind
To those who seek how good Thine art
But what to those who find?
4. Ah, this no tongues can utter, this
No mortal page can show
The love of Jesus, what it is
None but His loved one knows.
5. Jesus, our only joy be Thou
As Thou our prize wilt be;
Jesus, be Thou our glory now,
And through eternity. Amen