H.C. 361 7s (FE 589)
“Be strong in the Lord, and in thy
power of His might" - Eph. 6:10
1. OFT in danger, oft in woe
Onward, Christians, onward go
Fight the fight, maintain the strife
Strengthened with the bread of Life.
2. Shrink not, Christian: will ye yield?
Will ye quit the painful field?
Will ye flee in danger's hour?
Know ye not your Captain's pow'r?
3. Let your dropping hearts be glad;
March in heavenly armour clad
Fight, nor think the battle long
Soon shall vict’ry tune your song.
4. Let not sorrow dim your eye
Soon shall every tear be dry
Let not fear your course impede
Great your strength if great your need.
5. Onward then to glory move
More than conquerors ye shall prove,
Though oppos’d by many a foe
Christian soldiers, onward go. Amen