WORD OF PEACE
Tune: YMHB 793 - 6s 8.4
"The Lord of peace himself give
you peace always" - 2Thess. 3:16
1. WITH the sweet word of peace
We bid our brethren go
Peace, as a river, to increase
And ceaseless flow.
2. With the calm word of pray‘r
We earnestly commend
Our brethren to Thy watchful care
3. With the dear word of love
We give our brief farewell
Our love below, and Thine above
With them shall dwell.
4. With the strong word of faith
We stay oursleves on Thee
That Thou, O Lord, in life and death
Their help shall be.
5. Then the bright word of hope
Shall on our parting gleam
And tell of joys beyond the scope
Of earth-born dream.
6. Farewell; in hope and love
In faith, and peace, and prayer
Till He whose home is ours above
Unite us there. Amen