C.M.S 395 H.C 344 L.M (FE 620)
"That I should know how to speak a word in
season to him who is weary" - Isa. 50:4
1. LORD, speak to me, that I may speak
In living echoes to Thy tone
As Thou has sought so let me seek
Thy erring children lost and lone.
2. Oh, lead me, Lord, that I may lead
The wand‘ring and the wav’ring feet
O, feed me Lord, that I may feed
Thy hung’ring ones with manna sweet.
3. Oh, strengthen me, that while I stand
Firm on the Rock, and strong in Thee
I may stretch out a loving hand
To wrestlers with the troubl’d sea.
4. Oh, teach me, Lord, that I may teach
The precious things Thou dost impart
And wing my words that they may reach
The hidden depths of many hearts.
5. Oh, give Thine own sweet rest to me,
That I may speak with soothing pow‘r
A word in season, as from Thee
To weary ones in needful hour.
6. Oh, fill me with Thy fullness, Lord
Until my very heart o'erflow
In kindling thought, and glowing word
Thy love to tell, Thy praise to show.
7. Oh, use me, Lord, use even me
Just as Thou wilt, and how, and where
Until Thy blessed face I see
Thy rest, Thy joy, Thy glory share. Amin