H.C 441 10s (FE 674)
Tune: “Alafia li aye ese yi”
"This is my body which is given for you,
this do in remembrance of me" - Luke 22:19
1. DRAW nigh and take the Body of the Lord
And drink the holy Blood for you out-poured.
2. Saved by His Body, hallowed by His Blood
With souls refreshed we render thanks
3. Salvation Giver, Christ the only Son
By His dear Cross and Blood the vict’ry won.
4. Offer‘d was He for greatest and for least
Himself the Victim and Himself the Priest.
5. Victim were offered by the law of old
Which in a type celestial mysteries told.
6. He, Ransomer from death, and Light
Now gives His Holy grace His saints to aid.
7. Approach ye then with faithful hearts sincere
And take the pledges of Salvation here.
8. He, that in this world rules His saints,
To all believers life eternal yields.
9. With Heav’nly Bread makes them that
Gives Living Waters to the thirsty soul.
10. O Judge of all, our only Saviour Thou,
In this Thy feast of love be with us now. Amen