Tune C.M. (FE 694)
1. HOW great the tumult, fight and brawl
Screaming pervade the earth
Oft within kits and kins.
2. All flying birds within their nests
In harmony abides
O! what a great splendor it be
All to abide at peace.
3. Bragging and threatening all in vain
Value‐less and vain pride
The club and staff of pain to bear
And death the end shall be.
4. Grief is the fruit of temptations
Amidst the kits and kins
In grief borne of hot jealously
Cain, his brother doth slain.
5. The grief of the ‘Wise’ for a while
Never till the sun set
But of the foolish it shall be
Until the dusk at dawn.
6. Forgive us our misdeeds oh Lord
And our short coming, Lord
Grieve borne from infancy relieve
May we age forth in love. Amin