Tune t.H.36. L.M. (FE 695)
1. HOW sweet be it from infancy
The path of wisdom all to tread
May of honesty, truth we be
May we be trusted all of men.
2. Liars, nay not we all to trust
E‘en though repenteth, truth to speak
When fallible man, evil wrath
Lying, a pair and chains it be.
3. How abominable art lies
Revealeth in the word of God
Un-timely, Ananiah’s death
Death payeth he; the cost of lies.
4. Saphirah; spouse and confidant
Witnesseth for Ananiah
Slumpeth and fallen down to death
Lying couples the price they paid.
5. The ‘honest’ is the Lords delight
The ‘honest‘ the Lord shall repay
The liars shall all be condemned
And be consum‘d and rot in hell.
6. All the falsehood uttereth forth
Recordeth of God in the ’Book'
In bridle my loose tongue shall be
Nay shall I be destroyed in hell. Amen