O.t.H. C. 289 C.M. (FE 829)
“Love not the world” - 1John. 2:15
1. WE love all the earthly stock below
Cherished by lusty eyes
We love to tarry here on earth
Sav'ring It‘s deadly chills.
2. Why covet we in bitter chase
When sacred home exists
There shall no sin or evil found
No peril there abide.
3. O! what a lux‘y there abound
There, all our wish to know
The joy, the love and charity
Abundant!y is found.
4. The threat of death and deadly pangs
Here on earth not in heaven
The sacred saints in light array
ln sweet immortal praise.
5. The holy path of Christ to tread
Prepar'd abroad for us
Peaceful, blissful abode on high
The Sacred throne of God. Amen