C.M.S 478, H.C C.M (FE 881)
"Because narrow is the gate, and
hard is the way which leadeth unto
life” - Matt. 7:14
1. THERE is a path that leads to God
All others leads astray
Narrow but pleasant is the road
And Christians love the way.
2. It leads straight through this world
And dangers must be pass’d
But those who boldly walk therein
Will get to heav’n at last.
3. How shall an infant pilgrim dare
This dangerous path to tread?
For on the way’s many a snare
For youthful trav‘llers spread.
4. While the broad road, where
Lies near and opens fair
And many turn aside, I know
To walk with sinners there.
5. But lest my feeble steps should slide
Or wander from Thy way
Lord, condescend to be my guide
And I shall never stray.
6. Then I may go without alarm
And trust His word of old
The lambs He’ll gather with His arm
And lead them to the fold.
7. This l may safetly venture through
Beneath my Shepherd’s care
And keep the gate of heav’n in view,
Till l shall enter there. Amen